Sunday, May 14, 2017

Macrame Cow

This takes "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins and crosses it with a craft teacher's change in lesson plans due to an incident involving cheese.

"Hi, this is Adora, leave a message at the beep."
<BEEP>

"Hello, Mrs. Bullhead.  This is Mr. Spackle, your son Bob's craft teacher.  I'm calling because your son has clogged my sink with cheese again.  You'll be receiving another call from the principal about detention or parent conferences or whatever.  My call is more about the cheese.  Bob doesn't like the cheese you are giving him, and I need my sink.  I understand the importance of calcium, but could you please try giving him milk, or yogurt, or a water soluble multivitamin instead?  Thank you."

How can I decide a craft to make
For this class of crafting things
I don't want to mess my hands with glue, with glue, ooh
Yeah that's only fun
When you can clean the glue off

How can I teach crafts without a sink?
When all I got is glue and messy things
Cause there's squished in cheddar down the drain
And cheese wax too, I fear
Yeah, glue's only fun when you can get the glue off

So make a macrame cow
See we have these crafting strings
This is not a day for tye-dying
When we haven't got a sink
So make a macrame cow
Put "moo" in twine captioning
And to make the back curvy
You just twist the knots
Yeah that's what it's gonna take

Oh, listen close and I will tell you how
Tell you now, here is my sage advice
You can twist a piece into a loop
To get these strings entwined
And glue's only fun when you can clean the glue off

So make a macrame cow
We'll weave with these crafting strings
Cause there ain't no paper mache decoupaging
When we haven't got a sink
Yeah, make a macrame cow
We'll use up these crafting strings

But to make this moo
Is all we can do
In the time we got today
Make your new macrame cow
These strings will bring stranding cheer
And to make this twine guernsey
Is to twist the knots
It's the craft we're gonna make

Make a macrame cow

No comments:

Post a Comment